|Mandatory documents to file your taxes||Documents related to business income||Documents related to your house property||Documents to determine your income from other sources including interest||Documents to determine your capital gains income||Documents to claim deductions|
1. Pan Card
2. Aadhar Card
3. Bank Account Details including IFSC Code
4. Self Assessment Tax Challan details – you will need to provide this after we determine your tax liability.
5. GSTIN if you are liable to get one.
1. All Bank Account
2. Credit Card Statements
3. Form 26AS
4. Cash Book Daily Cash Register
5. Details of Sale/Purchases Invoices.
6. Previous year
Trial Balance, Balance
7. Previous year
Income Tax Return
8. Details of
Fixed Assets/ Capital Assets acquired/sold during the year
9. Proof of contributions eligible for deduction under Chapter VI A of
Income Tax Act, 1961.
10. Copy of challan of Self Assessment
Tax or Advance Tax Paid.
11. Details of investment (shares,
mutual fund etc.)
purchased, sold and held. DEMAT Statement, ifAvailable
Original expense vouchers - Typical List of expenses
1. Telephone and Internet bills
2. Rent for office space
3. Work-related meal and travel expenses
4. Advertising, promotional & printing exp
5. Depreciation on assets such as laptops or computers
6. Conveyance expenses for work
|To calculate rent income earned from multiple properties owned|
1. Address of all Properties from which you are earning rent
2. Rent Agreements of all properties you are earning rent
3. Owner or co-owner details of all properties
4. TDS on Rent/Form 16A or 16C
5. Property tax or house tax receipts of all properties
To claim deduction against housing loan
1. Interest certificate in case of loan
2. Re-payment schedule
3. Ownership Details of property
4. Address of property
5. Pre-construction details.
|Likely required documents|
1. Bank Statements
2. Interest on FD -TDS certificate from Bank (Form 16A)
Unlikely documents required depending on case by case basis
1. National Saving Certificates
2. Agricultural income details
3. Lottery winning
4. Clubbed income
5. Dividend income/ warrants (bank statements)
|If you have Capital gains from sale of property or land|
1. Deed of Purchase of property/land
2. Deed of sale of property land
3. Receipts of improvements made (if any)
4. Expenses that may have occurred in transfer of the land/property
5. Re-investment purchase deed.
If you have capital gains from Capital market investments (bonds, shares, derivatives etc.)
1. Holding statement as of 31st March of the financial year for which your are paying taxes and previous financial year.
2. Capital Gains snapshot provided by your depository3. Contract notes
If you have capital gains from other capital assets
1. Purchase Documents
2. Sale Documents
3. Cost of Improvement documents (If any)
|To claim deductions under section 80C – if you have made any one of these investments furnish documents for the same|
1. Public Provident Fund
2. National Saving Certificate
4. Equity Link saving scheme (ELSS)
5. Contribution to Provident fund
6. Children’s School tuition fees
7. Stamp duty registration charges
8. Principal repayment on housing loan.
9. Investment in SukanyaSamriddhiYojana
10. Tax saving investment in FD
Unlikely investment options for tax deduction
1. Taxing saving donation receipts
2. Senior Citizen Saving scheme
3. Education Loan Interest Payment under section 80E
Did you find it helpful?Send feedback
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.