Mandatory Documents to file your Taxes

1. Pan Card

2. Aadhar Card

3. Bank Account Details including IFSC Code

4. Self Assessment Tax Challan details – you will need to provide this after we determine your tax liability.


Documents to determine Income from Salary

1. Pension Certificate – if you draw a pension

2. PF Withdrawal details – incase you have drawn out funds from your provident fund

3. Form 26AS – to cross check TDS deduction on any other income

4. Form 16 – salary income details, if salaried after retirement


Documents to related to your House Property

To calculate rent income earned from single or multiple properties owned
1. Address of all Propertier from which you are earning rent
2. Rent Agreements of all properties you are earning rent
3. Owner or co-owner details of all properties
4. TDS on Rent/Form 16A or Form 16C
5. Property tax or house tax receipts of all properties

To claim deduction against Housing Loan
1. Interest certificate in case of loan
2. Re-payment schedule
3. Ownership Details of property
4. Address of property
To claim unclaimed HRA (if you are earning salary after retirement)
1. Rent Agreement, or
2. Rent Receipts

Documents to determine your Income from Other Sources

1. Bank Statements
2. Interest on FD – TDS Certificate (Form 16A)

3. Interest earned from National Saving Certificates

Documents to determine Income from Capital Gains

If you have Capital Gains from Sale of Property or Land
1. Deed of purchase of property/land.
2. Deed of sale of property/land.
3. Receipts of Improvements made if any.
4. Expenses that may occurred in transfer of land or property.  
5. Re-investment purchase deed.

If you have Capital Gains from Investments in Capital Markets

(Shares, Bonds, Derivatives etc.)

1. Holding statement as of 31st March of the financial year for which your are paying taxes and previous financial year

2. Capital Gains snapshot provided by your depository
If you have Capital Gains from Other Capital Assets
1. Purchase Documents

2. Sale Documents

3. Cost of Improvements documents (If any)

Documents to claim Deductions

To claim Deductions under Section 80C:

1. Public Provident Fund

2. National Saving Certificate

3. Senior Citizen Saving scheme


5. Stamp duty and registration charges on property purchased in relevant financial year.
6. Principal repayment on housing loan.
7. Tax saving investment in FD

9. Investment in Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana 

10.Equity Link Saving Scheme (ELSS)
11. Contribution to Provident fund
12. Children’s School tuition fees


To claim Deductions under Section 80G:

1. Taxing saving donation receipts

To claim Deductions under Section 80TTA:

1. Fixed deposit or Post Office Savings Statement

Note: There are many deductions available under the Income Tax Act, 1961. To get a complete list of deductions you can get please go here

If any of these deductions are applicable to you, please get in touch with us and we will be happy to guide you on the documentation required.