Mandatory    documents to file your taxes
Documents    to determine income from salary
Documents    related to your house property
Documents    to determine your income from other sources including interest
Documents    to determine your capital gains income
Documents    to claim deductions
1. Pan Card 
2. Aadhar Card
3. Bank Account Details    including IFSC Code
4. Self Assessment Tax    Challan details – you will need to provide this after we determine your tax    liability. 
Likely required documents
1. Form 16/ Multiple Form    16’s
2. Form 26-AS – to cross    check TDS deduction on any other income, if any
Unlikely documents required depending on case    by case basis
3. Travel bills – to claim    Leave Travel allowance.
4. PF Withdrawal details –    incase you have drawn out funds from your provident fund
5. Full and Final (F&F)    Settlement Sheet – if you switched jobs mid-year
6. Joining Bonus details – If    you received a joining bonus when you switched jobs
7. Form 10e – if you have    salary in arrears or advance
To calculate rent income    earned from multiple properties owned
1. Address of all Properties    from which you are earning rent
2. Rent Agreements of all properties    you are earning rent 
3. Owner or co-owner details    of all properties
4. TDS on Rent/Form 16A or    16C
5. Property tax or house tax    receipts of all properties
To claim deduction against    housing loan
1. Interest certificate in    case of loan
2. Re-payment schedule 
3. Ownership Details of    property
4. Address of property
5. Pre-construction details 
To claim unclaimed HRA
1. Rent Agreement, or
2. Rent Receipts 
Likely required documents

1. Bank Statements

2. Interest on FD – TDS    Certificate (Form 16A)

Unlikely documents required depending on    case by case basis
1. National Saving    Certificates
2. Agricultural income    details
3. Lottery winning
4. Clubbed income
5. Dividend income/ warrants    (bank statements)
If you have Capital gains    from sale of property or land

1. Deed of Purchase of property/land

2. Deed of sale of property    land

3. Receipts of improvements    made (if any)

4. Expenses that may have    occurred in transfer of the land/property

5. Re-investment purchase deed. 

If you have capital gains    from Capital market investments    (bonds, shares, derivatives etc.)

1. Holding statement as of 31st    March of the financial year for which your are paying taxes and previous    financial year.

2. Capital Gains snapshot    provided by your depository

If you have capital gains    from other capital assets

1. Purchase Documents

2. Sale Documents

3. Cost of Improvement    documents (If any)

To claim deductions under    section 80C – if you have made any one of these investments furnish documents    for the same

1. Public Provident Fund

2. National Saving    Certificate


4. Equity Link saving scheme    (ELSS)

5. Contribution to Provident    fund

6. Children’s School tuition    fees

7. Stamp duty and    registration charges on property purchased in relevant financial year

8. Principal repayment on    housing loan.

9. Tax saving investment in    FD

Unlikely investment    options for tax deduction

10. Taxing saving donation    receipts 

11. Senior Citizen Saving    scheme

12. Education Loan Interest    Payment under section 80E

13. Investment in    SukanyaSamriddhiYojana